Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Nasty virus attacks!

Shannyn passed her flu virus to me and I passed her my cough virus.

I felt really sick yesterday and went off work earlier. My boss was very kind to let me go off earlier to avoid the peak hour rush. Still, I didn't have a seat in the train till halfway the journey and had to stand about half an hour on the train.

This morning, I did not go to the office. I didn't want to spread my germs around.

Sean (in the bathroom washing up): How? Want to bring Shannyn to childcare?
Me: Wait, I ask her...
Shannyn (happily playing with colour pencils in the room)

Me: Listen, Shannyn, Mummy is sick.
Shannyn (looking innocently at me): Shannyn is sick too!

What could I say, she told me that she was sick too... I couldn't let her go childcare!!

Me (to Sean): She is staying at home!

So I called to make a doctor's appointment and told the receptionist that both of us needed to see the doctor... I could hear a little giggle from the lady.

The appointment was at 9.50am. I was prepared to go out at 9.30am.

Me: Shannyn, let's go to see the doctor.
Shannyn: MUMMY, I'm hungry!!!!

What? Hungry just as we were about to leave??!! No choice, I searched for some biscuits and gave her two pieces of crackers. Plus I had to sweep the crumbs on the floor before we went.

Me: Let's go.
Shannyn: MUMMY, I need to go to the toilet MUMMY!!!!

I looked at the watch, it was already 9.40am. OMG, we were going to be late for the appointment.

No choice, I took her to the toilet.

I thought I was ready to go at 9.30am, only to be delayed for another 20 minutes!!

When we reached, it was raining and I didn't have a spare umbrella in the car. Luckily we were both wearing windbreakers with hoodies.

After waiting for 10 minutes, I needed to go to the toilet. As I was in the toilet, I could hear the doctor call my name. So I shouted "I'm in the toilet, doctor"!!

When I came out of the toilet, all the patients were staring at me and I was frantically trying to find the doctor who called me. Luckily the doctor came out of her room and called again. It was hilarious!!

The doctor said we both had some nasty virus and simply needed panadol with plenty of rest.

I was glad we didn't need to take antibiotics!!

1 comment:

joe bro said...

That is a nice adventure there! HAHA!