Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

Drive-in Movie Night - 9 Sep 2010

We went to a drive-in movie tonight!

It was our first time at the Luna Drive-in movie and were all very excited. We had been talking about it for a long time. As I got to knock off work earlier today, we made an impromptu decision for our first drive-in movie experience!!

We told Shannyn that we were going to watch a movie while seated in the car.

On our way there, she kept saying "Daddy, Shannyn wants to sit on your leg later at the movies, not now, later!"

It was cheaper than going to a movie theatre and fun too! As the weather was still cold, we stayed in the car during the movie. It will be fun to go in Summer as we can sit out in the open and enjoy the movies. This is good especially for kids as they can run around the place.

Entrance - AUD12 per adult or $25 per family. We paid AUD24 (2 adults fare). A movie ticket at the cinema costs AUD17 each.
Food - AUD14.50 (Burger, chips, soft drinks and pop corn)
Games - AUD0 (Free!)

There were only 6 cars at the 6.30pm show. We listened to the sound of the movie by turning on our radio to a frequency (FM95.7 for that movie). Shannyn kept turning her head and stared at the back of the car. I turned my head and realised that she was watching a cartoon which was screening at the other side!! Hahaa!!

During the show, she stood up and blocked my view so I asked her to sit down.

Me: Shannyn, can you sit down? Mummy can't see!
Shannyn (sitting down): Say Thank you!
Me: Thank you!!

I always asked her to say Thank you whenever I did her a favour and just now, she asked me to say Thank you!!

We watched SALT by Angelina Jolie. Mediocre plot but I have always liked her acting. She is a natural actress.

When we left, there were other shows starting and there was a long Q for the later shows.


Me: Did you enjoy the movie?
Shannyn: Yes, I like the games and the movie.

It felt very nostalgic for me. Although I had never been to a drive-in movie, I remembered watching such big screens when I was a kid. The community centre used to organise such free movie screenings for the local community and we would often go. There would be adults talking, kids running around(me and my brother)/screaming/babies crying but it never bothered anyone. We simply enjoyed the get together and company of one another in the neighbourhood.

From Misc


From Misc


From Misc
There is a cafe selling pop corn, burgers and chips!! And that, was our dinner!

From Misc


From Misc

Shannyn - too tired after the movies....

1 comment:

joe bro said...

Angelina Joline's my favourite actress! I always try to catch her movies whenever I can, and SALT does not disappoint. That's a very nice experience...movie drive-in :)

And, the last pic is hilarious!!LOL!!