I found a miracle cream last week!
Shannyn's Cetaphil moisturizer was running out. She had been using Cetaphil for almost two years and it had become "ineffective".
Her skin became even drier in Winter as we had to use the heater. It got to the point when she had been doing the "Itchy and Scratchy show" almost every night and waking up at 3am, 4am just to scratch!! And poor me.. I had to wake up in the middle of the cold nights and to apply the cold moisturizer (on my palms first) on her itchy areas.
During lunch last week, I went to Safeway and was looking at baby's moisturiser when I spotted the Aveeno baby moisturizing cream.
It read:
"Soothes and Relieves Dry Skin even Dry Skin from Eczema" - Big tick
"Moisturizes for 24 hours" - another tick
"Clinically proven" - tick
"Pediatrician recommended" - tick again
"Made in USA tag" - wohooo!
I'm sold!
My colleague said "Get this one, it's clinically proven!"
And so I bought it!
I did not have much high hopes though.
On the first night of use, Shannyn slept through the night and did not wake up scratching! I couldn't believe it. It is really a miracle cream!!
After using for three days, her skin is less itchy and she is also sleeping better (crossing fingers).
Perhaps the saying that "it is better not to use the same product all the time" may be true. Our skin may become "immune" to the product and therefore have no benefits in using it anymore.
I'm glad that Aveeno baby is helping Shannyn to reduce her itchiness and will be using it for the next few months. It comes in a small 140g tube (AUD10) and can be quite costly. Perhaps it is a small price to pay for a good night's sleep!
2 comments:
Wow...you noe the itchy and scratchy show...impressive.
I also got my miracle patch, with blessing from Wifey :P
Yeah, it seems like Shannyn likes to watch Simpsons too!
Post a Comment