Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2008

No doubt about it!

(Cheeky smile)

(Shy Smile)

(Nonchalent look - posing beside the prezzies from uncles and aunties in Singapore)

Sean has arranged for a Water Audit to be conducted for our house. The purpose of the water audit is to ensure that our house is water-efficient. The water company (e.g. PUB) arranges a plumber to our house who checks for water leaks, fixes them; installs flow regulators on taps; and changes the showerhead to a water efficient one. There were quite a number of minor leaks at the taps which we were unaware of. Though I prefer the old shower head (gives me the feeling of bathing under a natural spring waterfall!) but this new one is definitely more water efficient. By having such water audit, this apparently helps to cut our water consumption and save money on water bills in the long run. But most importantly, this will help save energy and make the world a better environment for the future generation.

What I find hilarious was a brief conversation between the plumber and me.

Plumber: Not working today?
Sally: No, looking after baby.
Plumber: (Stunned expression) You have a baby?
Sally: Yes

Here comes the funny part as the conversation continues.

Plumber: YOUR BABY? (Stares with a “I can’t believe It” look)
Sally: Yes (shocked at the above question.. wondering if I look like a baby sitter in any way)
Plumber: How old? Boy or Gal?
Sally: One month, gal

From the plumber’s expression, he can’t seem to believe that I have just delivered a baby. Either I look too young and under-aged to the angmos to be a mum (probaby I look more like a young student with unruly hair, in over-sized hardrock T-shirt, track pants and without any make-up.) or I have actually slimmed down and doesn’t look like I have just delivered. Or do I look more like a baby sitter rather than a mum? Guess I have to get a T-shirt with huge fonts that says “Yes, I am a mum!” Haha!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, her shy face looks abit sly leh...but so cute lookin and adorable...Yalah, you are still young looking lor... :P jel

Anonymous said...

yo... she is so cute... looks more like daddy now.

Anonymous said...

Yeah.. she got a lot of expressions and sound nowadays! Haha! (Sally)