Pages

Monday, January 14, 2008

One Month Birthday

Yeah, Shannyn is already one-month old! Last Sat, we organised a "满月" (1-month birthday celebration) cum house-warming gathering and invited some friends over. Parents whipped out some nice dishes like Fried Bee Hoon, Chicken Curry and "叉烧". I didn't eat much and did not even taste the "叉烧" as I was busy entertaining and taking care of baby at the same time. I feel that the most special dish amongst all is the Red Eggs. It is a Chinese tradition to have red eggs made for the first month birthday of a newborn. And the eggs are dyed red to symbolise Good Luck.

But because the eggs were dyed red and did not dry totally, anyone peeling the eggs is sure to stain his fingers with the red dye. In the end, whoever started to peel the eggs have to peel for everyone as no one wants to stain their fingers! Haha!!

(Friends at backyard, enjoying the cool breeze and food)

(Shannyn staring at Mummy)

(I like my new pink dress!)

(Wa, loads of yummy food!)

(Dyed Red Eggs)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

so cute shannyn looks...wow, i saw julian there also. Food looks yummy leh..heehee. Shannyn looks abit like mummy now...kekeke jel

Anonymous said...

Shannyn is very cute! :) Hehe, quick quick grow up, come jiu jiu and jiu ma house ... we go swimming and BBQ fishballs, yea! ~elin :)

Anonymous said...

Shannyn is very cute! Her birthday is also very easy to remember. HAHA! Must play with her when she comes back :) - Joe Bro

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Archrouge said...

Jel: I still think that she looks more like Sean haha!

Elin: Great, we looking fwd to visiting your new hse!

Bro: Yeah, her bday is the same day as yours mah. Haa!

Dear friends, I don't know the last commenter so do not click on the site, could be some advertisement or something.

Flipper said...

Happy one-month Shannyn! :)

Sally, I think in general, she looks more like Sean, but certain angles when her eyes are focused on someone or something, then she looks so like you! :)

Btw, I got the last post in my blog too! But mine was in some foreign language, the one where u said u will help me translate, but it's not French, turned out it's Portugese! My fren helped me translate and it has roughly the same meaning as your last post.

Oh no, I hope it's not like some kind of spam where they go from one blog to another.

Yes, juz ignore... :)