Pages

Monday, November 12, 2007

Company Culture

Excellent news! For the first time, Sean’s company has just set up a new HR policy that provides male employees with 2 days of Paternity Leave. And he will be the first employee to enjoy the benefit! On Friday, his supervisor, Jason, broke the good news to him! Jason has been in the company for a few years and told Sean that he did not enjoy such benefit when his wife gave birth to their kids. Yippee! Sean can now claimed the title of being “The first employee to receive Paternity Leave Benefit” from his company. Haaaa! As if anyone would care.

I have been to his company, attended a couple of his colleagues’ parties and even did some days of casual work too. I have found his company culture one of the best. In terms of people, they are extremely nice and friendly. In work, they are very focused and dedicated. His CEO is also very capable, chatty and fun. When he knew that I’m helping with some casual work there, he actually thanked me even though the job is obviously being paid-for by the company.

Some other company’s culture was so poor that I couldn’t wait to get out of the office even as a temp staff! I even tried to complete the job at the fastest possible speed so that I could get out of the workplace ASAP! At the end of the day, my energy was so drained that I felt like a totally boring person. Sean felt that if the job was boring, at least the people must be interesting. I couldn’t agree more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow...shiok leh. haha..new daddy with new policy..lol. jel