Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Shannyn's 5th Birthday Party

Shannyn is five!

On her actual birthday, I bought her some cupcakes from Melbourne Central and had a mini celebration with family. We lit up five candles and put them on the cupcakes representing five years old.

The following day, we invited some of our friends over for a party in the afternoon. As it was very near X'mas, we were not optimistic about people turning up. Plus the weather forecast for the day was rain and thunderstorms.

It turned out to be fine weather after some morning rain. The kids even got to go to the nearby playground in the evening.

Shannyn was very happy and when someone asked her age, she answered "I'm five!".

I also overheard her asking one of the kids "Do you know it's my birthday? Did your mum tell you?"

When I asked her what a birthday means, she said "A birthday is about party, cards, presents and you turn another year old like when you are two, you become three". Quite good interpretation I reckon.




We bought her two barbie dolls. As we could not decide which one to get, we got two! We got them last X'mas but kept it till now. Because she had a simple doll earlier and she ripped it apart. So we decided to keep it for later.


This was her ballet concert's costume. She wanted to wear it on her birthday party. Good choice. We get more 'mileage' out it.

We brought her to the cake shop and she chose this Barbie doll cake. The cake was the tastiest although it would be perfect if it was bigger!!

6 comments:

Yee Peng said...

Happy birthday Shannyn, you look lovely in the yellow ballet dress.

Archrouge said...

Thanks YP!

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday Shannyn! Wow, you're a big girl now. I see the parents and birthday girl were wearing royal color on the big day ie yellow! How come she didn't smile in most of the photos?

Archrouge said...

Shannyn's tutu was yellow so we wore matching colours. She was waiting for the guests to come and was getting lethargic, that's why the smile was gone :P

Joe Bro said...

She looked just like you when you were little! Must have the same temper too? HAHA!

Anonymous said...

She's trying to act 'cool'... haha!

- Sean