Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A really hot day at 40 degrees

It was 40 degrees today in Melbourne, a super super hot day.

The news said that it usually happens twice a year. Once was during New Year's eve and the second time was this afternoon.

I was craving for sushi today. And I could see the temperature go up and up since noon. By 1pm, I thought that I would rather brave the heat than stay in the office and have a boring lunch (as described by bro).

So I put on my sunnies, took my bag and 'took the plunge' out into the heat.

It was worth it.

I wasn't too bad actually, except for the hot wind. I felt breathless when the hot wind blew towards my face. It was hot but not burning. It probably felt like heat had escaped from the oven. It was that level of heat, bearable but you'd rather close the oven door asap.

It was hot but it wasn't humid. I didn't sweat at all. So it wasn't as bad as predicted.

And I totally enjoyed my lunch!

By 2.30pm, the temperature had cooled down to 29 and by evening, it was actually cooling at about 25 degrees.

Forecast for tomorrow is rain. I love the rain! Yohooo!!

No comments: