Pages

Sunday, May 16, 2010

My Birthday 2010

I didn't have the mood to work. No one in office knew my birthday (except my boss who is on long service leave). Unlike Singapore where friends bring you out for lunch or even buy a cake to celebrate your birthday, you have to treat your colleagues on your birthday here. It feels weird for me and I have never done it.

I decided to take half a day's leave and watch a movie myself. I have free tickets to Hoyts cinema so I decided to make full use of the free ticket and watch Iron 2 at the Director's Suite.

When it was my turn at the ticket counter, I walked over only to hear the counter boy apologising to me that he got to serve the guys at the other end first. What the?!?!! As I turned my head, I saw a 50plus uncle taking big steps towards me and said "Sorry guys, sorry" and smiling to everyone in the Q. I loated him at first sight. And behind him, there was a 40 plus woman... obviously they were on a date and the guy was showing off.

"Iron Man 2, two Director's suite tickets", he told the counter boy.
"$70", the boy said.

Oh great, this idiot would be in the same cinema as me!

As he walked off, he said "Sorry guys" and waved his hands. What a show-off! I wanted to tell him that we forgive him. Hahaha!!

I went to grab lunch and went into the cinema. It was my first time watching a movie by myself and first time at the cinema. I was excited.

As I went in, it was dark and I tried to find my seat. To my surprise, the couple had taken my seats! They were shocked to see me. The guy was embarassed and didn't utter a word. First, he had jumped my Q and now, they had taken my seat.

The lady just blurped "Well, just sit anywhere". What a bitch!! Birds of the same feather flock together. So I went to sit behind them!!! Hahaaaa!! It must be weird to have someone sit behind them and watch over them! If I had known, I would have chosen a normal cinema instead of the stupid Director's Suite. Those two really thought they were VIPs for god's sake.

When the show was over, I sensed that the guy nearly wanted to come and apologise to me. I looked away to save him the trouble. Haha!

I would give Iron 2 a rating of 4 out of 5.

Good: Action-packed and funny.
Bad: Long-winded at times.

I didnt' tell Sean that I took half a day's leave. So when I called home earlier than usual, Sean was worried.

I went back after the movie to cook dinner. Sean and Shannyn had gotten me a cake!

Shannyn sang a birthday song for me, her first birthday song for me!! Too bad Youtube is having a glitch and I can't post the clips online. Will post again.


From Misc

From Misc

1 comment:

joe bro said...

Well, I would have sat in front of them and block them, given my tall frame.

Iron man was good, and there will be a part 3. Post the singing video.