Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Most "hated" day of the week

Sometimes I dislike Sunday.... when I think of having to go back to work the next day. The thought of piles of unfinished work or 'lostness' makes me scared. Now, I tell myself to take it easy on Mondays and that makes me feel better and therefore, less hatred for Sunday.

My most hated day is Wednesday. It is mid-week and the most tiring day of the week. Work momentum has built up and no matter how hard I stepped on the brakes, things seem to go faster and faster instead!! And that makes me exhausted at the end of Wednesday.

I read somewhere that Saturday was only invented in 1726 as someone (forgot the name but must be some important guy) wanted to go hunting a day each week and he decided to invent Saturday.

How I wish we invent another free (non-working) day so we have eight days a week. That means we work five days and rest for three days. That seems like a pretty good idea??

When is your most hatred day of the week??

3 comments:

joe bro said...

It is Monday for me.

Sunday night is usually a good excuse to have a good dinner, before the working week starts!

Archrouge said...

Monday is fine, everyone not in working mood anyway so take it easy lor.

Anonymous said...

I thought the key reason for the family to move to Australia is avoid the fast pace in Singapore and trying to have a better work-life balance? So the reality is not that true ugh?!

Chi Sing