Last week has been a very busy week. Not sure what kept me occupied... Time passes so fast when you’re busy, at least when you feel that you’re busy. Haaa!
With a craving for spicy food, I cooked chicken green curry for dinner last week. It turned out to be super hot! We were sweating & drinking loads of water while eating. It was a cold night anyway so having the hot curry was great. Thereafter I realised that I’ve used the entire paste when it’s actually meant for 4-6 pax. But it was so shiok. I just love spicy food although my endurance level for spices is pretty low. Few days later, I attempted yellow curry with lamb & chicken. But this time, it was so mild that it turned out to be soupy & creamy. I realise that cooking, like any other skills, takes times and also a couple of trial & errors to master.
Last week, we made 2 new Singaporean friends, Dave and Jovine, who just moved to Aus. Jovine’s request for an overseas transfer was approved and since they obtained their PR few years back, they decided to make the move. Before meeting them, I was joking with Sean that they could be his friends since his network of friends seem to be so wide that it was common to bump into his friends even while traveling/touring. Coincidentally, Jovine happened to be Sean’s primary school classmate!! Last Sat, the couple visited us and we gave them a ‘tour’ around our neighbourhood. We also brought them to the nearest shopping plaza & wet market. Dave and Jovine were just like us when we first arrived, often driving around on weekends and exploring new places.
Now, we prefer to spend weekends at home relaxing. Yesterday, I woke up for breakfast and jumped right back to my cozy bed after a spread! Unbelievable. But oversleeping gives me headaches at times. Have to do some exercise, so I started laundry washing and vacuumed the carpet while hubby went to the backyard to clean the baby items (bassinet/rocker/cot) including a pram/stroller which we bought via the eBay. Still feeling energetic after the household work, we decided to take a brief stroll to the nearby wetlands. It felt so peaceful watching the ducks & swans swimming around in the pond. We even saw a huge white pelican with a long yellow bead on a tall tree above our heads! It looked like a fake bird, as it remained stagnant on the tree branch. Beautiful!
2 comments:
Hey, when I visit you, remember to cook the same curry for me. I eat raw chilli now, and I realise my threshold is pretty high - Sally Bro
No sooner you will not be able to wake up late, have breakfast and go back to sleep again, enjoy while you can! :)
Post a Comment