Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Pleasant Surprise from Home

Few weeks back, I heard a earth-shaking loud bang on my door. I thought the house was going to collapse! To my surprise, its the AusPost Delivery auntie (similar to SingPost). Well, concidentally the door bell's battery went flat few days ago, resulting in her using her strongest fist to knock! She seemed to enjoy looking at my shocked face as she sarcastically said to me "Your doorbell just isn't working, do you know it?" I just nonchalently replied "Yeah, it went flat yesterday".

Well, after signing on her palm-top for the delivery, I am delighted to see that its a parcel from parents back home. Although parents have told me that they will be sending me some clothes, I can't help but keep staring at the parcel for ages & ages. It just felt so warm, despite the cold winter. The first thing I noticed is the high postage fees of $23.10!! I decided to hold my excitement and wait for HB to return after work to share my joy with him.

Later in the afternoon, I couldn't hold it any longer and decided to call mom. Mom insisted that I open it to see the contents. So, after struggling with my mind & fingers for a minute & holding my breath, I opened it to see the content!

Wow!! Inside the parcel contains 2 maternity dress in sweet colours.. one in yellow and one in turqoise! I love the simple design & pastel colours. Spring is approaching and these dresses came just in time!

This reminded me of the time when I was in UK and bro sent me 8-days and some magazines from home, which makes me feel so touched too! It feels great thinking that although I am away from home, I am still remembered and missed by my family! What a pleasant surprise from Home!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yo gal...so paiseh i did not get to you on fri...So bzi at work...Anyway, thanks for concern.I'll try to get along with the idiot manager lor. Wat to do. I stil need to stay in the job for $$$ lor..nice sweet dresses you have :) enjoy.. jel

Anonymous said...

yo gal...so paiseh i did not get to you on fri...So bzi at work...Anyway, thanks for concern.I'll try to get along with the idiot manager lor. Wat to do. I stil need to stay in the job for $$$ lor..nice sweet dresses you have :) enjoy.. jel

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of a Chinese Saying: Jia Shu Di Wan Jin, a letter from home is worth 10000 tales of gold :)

--ML