I have been using the Sukin skincare range for the past half year or more.
First of all, I like that it is branded as being a natural skincare product. And it is also sulphate and paraben free, the two chemicals that irritate skin and cause problems.
After using it for a while, I find Sukin really mild and gentle to the skin. Yet it is effective in removing makeup.
In terms of availability and ease of purchase, I can easily find it from pharmacies and beauty stores (e.g. Priceline - similar to Watson).
Sukin is made in Australia. Tick! In general, I like to support local products. There is the impresson that local products are 'fresher', since they are made with local ingredients, as compared to imported products and ingredients. And hopefully, by supporting local product, it will boost the local employment in one way of another.
I also like to support products against animal testing. Another tick!
When I first bought Sukin, I showed it to my angmoh colleauge who is a naturopath. She told me that most healthcare stores have Sukin in their shelves. This means that it is a recommended brand by healthcare pharmacies and in short, it is a good product. Tick!
I asked her whether she had tried Sukin before and she said she heard raves about it but no, never tried. Shortly after, she went to purchase Sukin product too and is now a convert.
Another time, I went to purchase more Sukin products and told another angmoh colleague. She said she had heard of Sukin but never tried it. So, she tried it too since there was a sale. And voila, another convert!
I am currently using four Sukin products, namely its cleanser, eye serum, night cream and also its shower gel.
The only downside to Sukin products is that they do not contain any spf ingredients in it. Hence, I am unable to use them during the day. Sukin has the potential to capture the day skincare market if they explore natural sunblock ingredients in their day skincare range.
There is a sensitive skin version. The normal range is gel-like, colourless and has a slight Mandarin fragrance. The sensitive skin range is white fluid and fragrance-free. Both clean really well and do not leave any oily film (unlike Dove products) on the skin after cleansing.
The eye serum is fragrance-free. It has a very soft texture, hence a little goes a long way.
The night cream has a Mandarin fragance and thick texture. I prefer fragance-free product. Although it has a thick texture, it is only moisturised enough for summer and in a less dry climate. For an extra skin boost, a serum or mask will be much better.
No comments:
Post a Comment