Bonjour, this is a long post, happy reading!!
Well, I am reading a book named "Women, Work and the Art of Savoir Faire" by Mireille Guiliano.
Very often, I will borrow books from the library (as part of going green, save the Earth etc).
However, this is a recent acquisition. For only AUD5. Recently, I discovered a bookshop with all its books at AUD5. No need to think, just grab and go.
It turns out to be quite a good buy.
Talking about working women in a male-dominated workplace.
The author is a French lady senior executive who has worked in America and France.
I have only started reading and find it very interesting and easy to digest. The lady is very humble in her achievements too (despite being French).
The author has also written "French Women don't get Fat" and "French Women for All Seasons". I am eager to read her other books already.
I don't want to make any reference to any websites here so if you are keen to know, just goggle the books.
Well, I love reading. I remember being super excited when the Toa Payoh library opened.
Mum said she was happy too because that meant she didn't have to bring me to Popular bookstore anymore. She said I would stand there for hours to read and that she dreaded the long wait and tiring stand.
The library is definitely a lot more cosy for reading, with nice sofas and seats at reading areas.
I like the library so much that I memorised its opening hours. My library here opens 10am-9pm Mon-Thu, Fri 10am-6pm, Sat 10-3pm and Sun 2-5pm.
Free books, mags, DVDs, CDs. I wish there is a cafe there and we can all chill out.
Few years ago, Sean and I bought a book each, went to a foodcourt, found a quiet place and starting reading our books!!
I remembered that was the same book which my brother later bought too.
I saw the book in his bag and asked him "Oh, did I lend you this book?" He looked me, surprised and said "No?? I bought it!!!!!"
I asked him again and he said the same thing. Then I realised what he was really saying. It was the first time we bought the same book, of all books in the bookshop. How funny!!!!
In my last home-cleaning, I chucked out two big boxes of magazines. I reckon there were more than 50 magazines. It was such a waste, so many trees were killed. Now, I borrow them from the library whenever possible. But there are some books I just got to buy (can't find in library) or I really want to keep it for re-reads. Yes, I re-read my books.
15 years ago, a friend gave me 'The Adventures of Tin Tin' comic book which I have kept till now. It is the first edition of the comic and Oui, it is in French! Classic!!
It's a long post. Hope you enjoyed reading!!
Au revoir!!
1 comment:
Nice post. I love reading too!
Now the libraries have comics. Saves me money too, when some titles are made for one-time reading.
I remember posting about books I read a few months back, and you have already read one of them! Project Happiness?
Post a Comment