Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy 2011!!

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Today was the hottest day this month at 40 degrees!!!!!

I managed to wash three loads of laundry (about 21kg) and they all dried within a day. The first round of washing was dry by the time the second load was done!

We were hiding in the house most of the day due to the heat. After dinner, we made an impromptu decision to go to the city and watch some fireworks.

There were several spots to watch fireworks but only two of them had early fireworks at 9.15pm for family. We went to the one at Yarra Park.

It was packed with people but not too overcrowded. The cooler weather during the evening made it a perfect night!

I had read the celebrity list in the newspaper for the New Year's Eve performance but I only recognises Guy Sebastian in the list. He was the first Australian Idol and had been a judge on the most recent one too.

When we reached, I hears the DJ announced that Guy Sebastian would be coming on stage in a minute. OMG, I didn't expect to see Guy perform tonight.

It was a really nice surprise to hear Guy singing on the stage. He was singing halfway when the fireworks started and they played some other songs.

When the fireworks started, Shannyn cried a little and said she was scared. And she kept clapping throughout the fireworks display.

I have taken lots of pictures and videos but I can't upload any at this point as I realised that we have exceeded our monthly Internet data usage and it is extremely slow to upload pictures (almost impossible).

So here we are in 2011, Bonne Année!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Flipper said...

Happy New Year, Sally, Sean and Shannyn!! May the new year bring good health, happiness and prosperity to all of you!!! :)

Joe Bro said...

Happy New Year!!!