Pages

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry X'mas!

Celebrating X'mas and Shannyn's birthday at Joanna's place.

Look at the unbelievable amount of presents she received. Even the adults were envious!! Our entire car boot was packed with her presents that the door could hardly close!


Above: For Kris Kringle, I got an interesting Fit and Fresh cold storage bowl for breakfast.

Sean got a casserole from Kris Kingle. It's one of his favourite KK gift.

Merry X'mas everyone!

We are officially off work till next year!

How we spent X'mas Eve

On X'mas eve, I went to work and heard my colleagues said that we could go off at 1pm. So I asked my boss and she jokingly said 'Yes but we have to work really really hard so we can all go off at 1pm!!" we were 'released' from work at 1pm. I have arranged with my colleagues to go for lunch. By the time we settled down, lunch was served at 2pm. I was super hungry.

I brought them to 'Cafe Era' in Melbourne Central shopping centre. I've been there many times, the first time during our girls' day out with Jo, Yuni and Gwen. The food there never disappointed me.

There were several specials for the day. I decided to try its special lamb burger with potato wedges and salad!! Yummmmm!!! The burger was as big as my palm (fingers spread out). And it was super delicious! The meat was perfectly tender and juicy. Plus wedges, I haven't had that for some time. The salad was fresh and went really well with the rest of the items.

ERA also stands for "Excellence Research Australia", which fascinated my colleague and said she would bring the ERA colleague there some day.

After lunch, I met Sean and we went Chadstone for Ben & Jerry's ice cream. Yes! The first store had finally arrived in Melbourne. I remembered having that in Singapore years ago and it was yummy! My favourite is the Chocolate Therapy flavour. I need MORE!!!

After some ice cream therapy, we went to Rachel and Nam's house for house warming.

The ladies had some really fun playing board games. There is this game called "Cranium" which my friend got from Toy 'R' Rus. And I thought Toy 'R' Rus only has toys for kids.

Cranium is a board game with combination of charades, pictionery, word games and action games. It was so funny that a few of us laughed till my stomach ached!!

After the house warming, we went home. Shannyn was still awake when we got back.

I read her a few stories before she fell asleep shortly. It was 11.30pm, one of the latest time she ever slept.

Overall, Christmas eve this year was a fun and tiring day for me.

3 comments:

Julian said...

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family too! Have a great year ahead everyone!

Joe Bro said...

Wow, so many gifts for Shannyn!