Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Are you still there?






It's been such a long time since I blogged, I wonder whether people are still reading my blog.

Parents are here on a visit and I'm so lucky to have them with me while Sean is away.

Last night, I couldn't sleep. So I woke up at 1am and started having some chocolate chip biscuits while reading the Australian Women's Weekly. I read an article about Portia DeGeneres. It brought me to tears. I didn't know this celebrity at all except for the fact that she is lesbian and has married Ellen DeGeneres. I was wrong. Reading the article, I realised I knew her. She was Nell Porter in Ally McBeal! She looks so different now. I must say she was a really good actress in Ally.

This girl had eating disorders and even wanted to kill herself. She had such a pitiful childhood. Her parents divorced and she was very much dependent on her mum. There was a part which touched me. Her mum had to work to support the family after the divorce and Portia would sit at the train station after school, waiting for her mum to fetch her back home. She would wait and wait for an hour for her mum each day (her mum worked at a shop opposite the train station) although it was only a train stop away from home.

It made me miss my mum so much (although mum was sleeping in the guest room)!!

I remembered a rainy day in primary school. I looked outside and saw mum carrying an umbrella in the rain. Her long and curly hair (very fashionable back then) plus tall and slim figure stood out from the crowd of parents waiting behind the gate.

When I saw her, I was super excited!! I thought she was the most beautiful mum in the world. Today, I still think she is the most beautiful, inside and out.

From impression, Mum seldom fetched me from school. It was always my brother who went to school and then back home with me. As it was raining heavily that day, she must have thought that we needed a bigger umbrella!!

I wished it rained heavily every day since that day!

I can only treasure the moment and enjoy parents' company while they are here.

So I'm going to make them dinner tonight and enjoy "The X-factor" finale!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh! So sweet! Hmmm... what dishes are you going to make for me when I come back? Keke! :P

ZX

joe bro said...

Is Portia DeGeneres blond? I remember Ally Mcbeal.

I remember when I was trapped at a building while in secondary school. I asked Mum to bring me umbrella, but I left when the rain stopped. I hope to bump into Mum on the way back, but never did. Then tio scolded when reach home :P

Yeah, so what did you cook for them?

Archrouge said...

Nah, I was updating my blog when Shannyn was sleeping. Then she woke up and was so stuck with me. So dad cooked dinner instead! He was 'grumbling' as I had said that I was going to cook! Wahhaa!!

Archrouge said...

Yes, Portia is blond.

So funny! You never told me about the trapped incident :P