Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

New 'Day' of the Week

Just as I thought Shannyn is getting there....

Me: Shannyn, today is Tuesday. What comes after Tuesday?
Shannyn: Ah, ah... (hesitates for a while)... Wednesday!
Me: Yes, that's good. And what comes after Wednesday?
Shannyn: Ah, ah... (hesitates again)... HoliDAY!!

There you go, she has 'invented' a new day in the week called 'Holiday'!!
It is amazing how imaginative kids can be.

I was telling my colleagues that after Sunday, it should be HoliDAY and not MonDay!! Everyone burst out laughing!

Yesterday, I gave her a dripper (used to administer medicine for baby). I told her that when she was a baby, I gave her medicine using the dripper. The next thing I knew, she started feeding her baby dolls with imaginative medicine! She played with the dripper for the entire night and even held it to sleep.

Today, she dips the dripper in a tiny play bottle and tells me that she is blowing bubbles with the dripper!
She is full of imagination and funny ideas! I didn't expect that a simple dripper can keep her entertained for such long time.

1 comment:

joe bro said...

A child's imagination is boundless!