Pages

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Family portrait - by Shannyn

Shannyn tried to draw a family portrait last week.

She was drawing me, Sean and herself!

She has been practising for several weeks and now, it finally seemed to look more like human faces!

At first, I asked her if she was drawing potatoes as the irregular shapes really looked like potatoes. She pressed her lips together and giggled when I said they looked like potatoes! Haha!!

She seemed to be interested in drawing and colouring. Perhaps she has my genes? Not everyone knew this - I was the first in Arts during Primary One. I remembered that I even went up stage during the school prize-giving ceremony for First in Arts! Mum realised my interests and brought me to private drawing classes. I took part in a lot of drawing competitions and won lots numerous prizes and trophies in my age group!


The three lines above each circle represents hair.

From Misc
From Misc

From Misc
Here is a video of evidence that she drew the pictures herself!

6 comments:

joe bro said...

Wow, she drew Mr and Mrs Potato Head from Toy Story!

Archrouge said...

Haha!! She has her own style indeed!

Maybe she got potential to be a cartoon artist?

Anonymous said...

She is really quite good @ drawing..... Superb...!! "CLAP" "CLAP" From Joy

Jerral's Haven said...

she really does seems to have ur genes ar..!
jerral does not even know how to draw.. needless to say a circle!
susan

Archrouge said...

Haha! As long as she happy, we also happy!!

Purple Cello said...

I like the way she drew them, just dot dot dot where she think are the features. She is really free spirited! haha =D

You seen the post your bro made about him, me and his friend drawing bird, fish and monkey too? Chio ka peng! =p