Last Friday night, we faced electricity black-out at home while enjoying Australia Open (Tennis) with my favourite player Roger Federer in the arena. Good thing it wasn't too warm. But the heat wave struck Melbourne this week and temperature even reached 43 degrees last night.
Here are some inconveniences I faced:
1) Baby refuses food
2) Train delays, cancels, no aircon in trains (this is mad, people press the Emergency button when it first happens but now, its like the norm. The train company say their aircon can only function up to 35 degrees! I thought I'd rather not take the train if no aircon. But alas, having to wait 30- 45mins mins for next train under the heat and at the risk of it being cancelled. What would you do??)
3) Front door cannot open (over-expand) - Sean says it's my 'incorrect technique'. And I didn't know open door need special skills....
4) Black-out... but thanks to ML for the candle light Xmas gift, we put it to good use last Fri! But no, not so romantic at all.
http://www.theage.com.au/national/tracks-buckle-and-so-does-rail-system-20090128-7s0h.html
http://www.theage.com.au/national/melbourne-sweats-through-thirdhottest-night-on-record-20090128-7s0y.html
http://www.theage.com.au/national/frustrations-rise-as-blackouts-hit-melbourne-20090129-7sa5.html
On the bright side, at least we get to experience this once-in-a-century phenomenon!! And I'm going to enjoy the FREE COKEs which some kind-soul has placed in the fridge!
2 comments:
free sauna ah!?
Is Federer still no.1 in Tennis?
Wah! Suddenly I feel so comfortable in S'pore.
BTW. why the train air-con can only function up to 35 deg C? Lousy design. :(
Chi Sing
Post a Comment