Pages

Monday, August 4, 2008

Happily Ever After..

Friends... nowadays, with everyone so busy, it seems so hard to keep in touch with one another.

Few months back, one of my friends decided to live happily ever (aka 'get married'). Last year, when I knew that she was planning her wedding dinner, I was excited to know that my name would be in her guest list for sure. Not knowing what lies ahead, I was so looking forward to the big day. But after 380 days, I found myself in a situation where I was unable to attend the celebration. She had invited me to her wedding and I know that she really wanted me to attend it. However, I just couldn't. I hope that she understands, I really do. Although I can't be there, I'm happy for her and share her joy too. I recall some friends who couldn't make it to my wedding some years ago and yes, they are still my friends. Well, the world doesn't stop spinning because of me, right?

Now, another friend of mine is getting married. Well, this time, I won't be in the invitation list. Surprised? I don't think so. I am sure you know people who are getting married and because, they don't want to invite you to their wedding, they keep mum about it. Then one fine day, he or she inform you about some baby arrival and you ponder "Was he/she ever married"? Hmm... I wonder if I was 'guilty' of such incident though I doubt so. Haha! So, I do appreciate her sharing with me the good news and am happy for her too!

However, for those friends who you know who you are, esp friends who have been through thick and thin with me, I would be heartbroken if you leave me out from your guest list should you decide to live happily ever after! Haha!

No comments: