Finally, our little Shannyn princess is born, after 12h of labour at the hospital. In fact, from the first contraction to actual delivery, it took more than a day (26h).
Date of Birth: 14 Dec 2007, Fri
Time: 7.30am
Venue: Australia Dandenong Hospital
Weight: 3.86kg
Height: 52.5cm
Thanks to hubby's support as I couldn't have kept going without his encouragement, though he did doze off a little during the labour. Haha! Also thanks to everyone for your well wishes. And also to my parents, who have been cooking so much 'ho liao' so much so that our bb 'refuse' to come out and was overdue for 6 days and she is considered a 'huge' bb. We all thought that our bb will be tiny as my tummy was pretty small in comparison to the 'angmos' here. The clothes we brought are mostly small sizes and could hardly fit. Luckily the hospital had some spare clothes. As the hospital was near, Sean went back to get more bigger size clothes. I'm pretty amazed by my level of endurance.. can't believe that I went through the delivery without any painkillers. I felt more exhausted than pain as the labour stretched from night to morning. It was such a special moment when I felt bb 'slipped out of me' and when we heard her first scream!
And this is only the beginning...
Here are some pictures to share!
Date of Birth: 14 Dec 2007, Fri
Time: 7.30am
Venue: Australia Dandenong Hospital
Weight: 3.86kg
Height: 52.5cm
Thanks to hubby's support as I couldn't have kept going without his encouragement, though he did doze off a little during the labour. Haha! Also thanks to everyone for your well wishes. And also to my parents, who have been cooking so much 'ho liao' so much so that our bb 'refuse' to come out and was overdue for 6 days and she is considered a 'huge' bb. We all thought that our bb will be tiny as my tummy was pretty small in comparison to the 'angmos' here. The clothes we brought are mostly small sizes and could hardly fit. Luckily the hospital had some spare clothes. As the hospital was near, Sean went back to get more bigger size clothes. I'm pretty amazed by my level of endurance.. can't believe that I went through the delivery without any painkillers. I felt more exhausted than pain as the labour stretched from night to morning. It was such a special moment when I felt bb 'slipped out of me' and when we heard her first scream!
And this is only the beginning...
Here are some pictures to share!
First Bath

Shannyn and friend, Malakye and having fun in Dreamland

Shannyn with Daddy and Mummy

Shannyn with Midwife, Rowani, at house visit



3 comments:
Princess really looks so cute and adorable...Sally, you have done a great job. More tirng road to go before she reaches 3 years old. Jia you oh... jel
Really very cute...Shannyn...haha! Joe Bro
hi.. i hv been reading your blog now n then.. i got to know through my friend susan..congrat. on the new born.. it must be a tough battle.. i hv just been through that 3months ago.. took 15hrs no painkiller.. the worst thing i ever experience. well done for you side. I am stil struggling with Breastfeeding... kinda used to the pain... ha ha!! hv a great time with your Bb... good luck. :) chyun
Post a Comment