Pages

Monday, September 24, 2007

中秋节 (Mid-Autumn Festival)

The 15th of August in the Chinese Lunar Calendar is the Mid-Autumn Festival (中秋节). It is also the day that Sean & I got attached to each other 10 years ago! Last week, we bought some moon cakes from an Asian Grocery store. There isn't any special craving for moon cakes (as compared to chocolates haha!!) so for the fun of it, we got some "Lian Rong with Dan Huang" to try & also to celebrate the occasion that we have been known each other for a decade! The taste was just nice, not too sweet as I don't like sweet mooncakes. Actually I crave for the "Zhu Long" more than the moon cakes. "Zhu Long" is made using the skin of mooncakes and are usually in the shape of pigs. As kids, brother and I used to save up at every mid-autumn festival & buy lots of "Zhu Zhu" that lasted us for a month of supply! Well, think I miss our old tradition much more than the food itself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mummy commented that Liling looks like "auntie" liao...